Paper Copies of Court Documents

Copies of most court documents filed after December 1, 2003 are available electronically using the national PACER service. Most customers will find that it is less expensive and easier to obtain copies electronically rather than going through the Clerk's Office. Information on the PACER service is available via the PACER web site. PACER fees are waived for any PACER user who accrues less than $15.00 worth of PACER charges in a given quarter.

There is a PACER access restriction in place on documents filed prior to December 1, 2003 in cases closed for one year.  The restriction does not apply if you are a case participant, customer using the Court's public terminal, or if an Order has been entered granting access to particular cases or customers.  Paper copies of documents filed prior to December 1, 2003 may be obtained from the Clerk's Office.

Paper copies of court documents cost $0.50 per page (pre-payment is required), and may take up to two business days to make. You will need to provide a case name, case number, title of document, and document number (if known). To ensure that you have captured all of the necessary information, please use the Clerk's Office copy request form.  Certified copies, and exemplified copies can also be requested using this form.

Certified Copy Requests - CM/ECF filers are strongly encouraged to use the docket event "Certified Copy Request" in lieu of the copy request form.  The docket event allows the CM/ECF filer to request the certified copy and pay via

To request copies, contact Copy Services at the Clerk's Office:

Copy Services
(505) 415-7999 or call toll-free at (866) 291-6805
Fax: (505) 415-7980


You may also request copies in person at the Customer Service Counter of the Clerk's Office.

The Clerk's Office will contact you regarding the amount due. After receipt of the amount due, we will fulfill the copy request. Copies can be e-mailed, faxed, mailed to you, or made available for you to pick up at the Customer Service Counter.

The Clerk's Office is unable to accept credit card payments from customers who are debtors in a bankruptcy. Payment from a debtor must be in the form of cash, money order or a cashiers check.

You may also print copies of court documents from the Clerk's Viewing Room (located in the Clerk's Office) at a cost of $0.10 per page.