1002-1 Disclosure of Marital Status and Non-filing Spouse

When a voluntary case is commenced or an order for relief is entered in an involuntary case, an individual debtor shall file either 1) a certificate that he or she has no spouse; or 2) a statement disclosing the name, last known mailing address, and last four digits of the social security number (if known) of the nonfiling spouse. In the latter case, the clerk shall send a notice of the case filing, the meeting of creditors, and certain deadlines to the non-filing spouse. Note: Form NM LF 1002-1 was created by the clerk for compliance with this rule.